Monday, September 16, 2013

~CELEBRATE! Good Times!


Celebrating my second year as a Blogger! Thanks for coming by my little spot and reading about what's on my mind. On 9-16-11...never thought this would be so much fun! Y'all come back now! Check out my first two Blog Post, I've come along way from just a few sentences!
http://sagebookwhisperer.blogspot.com/2011/09/get-ready.html  &
http://sagebookwhisperer.blogspot.com/2011/09/milk-bottles-books.html


                  "Celebration Part Deux"
It's my 18th Anniversary with my Best Friend!


So, the traditional gift for the 10th is Tin. The next gift picks up at the 25th which is Silver....so we're kinda in between!Eighteen years of marriage is an accomplishment worth acknowledging and celebrating.We are seven years shy of the milestone 25th Wedding  Anniversary.Eighteen years celebrates & honors almost two decades of love and commitment.This says it best...



 My "Lovey" & I exchanged a band we truly believe in the "Claddagh Ring" on this day eighteen years ago. It is a precious band....

The Claddagh's distinctive design features two hands clasping a heart, and usually surmounted by a crown. The elements of this symbol are often said to correspond to the qualities of love (the heart), friendship (the hands), and loyalty (the crown). Claddagh rings, with (more commonly than not) or without the crown, are relatively popular among the Irish and those of Irish heritage, such as Irish Americans as culture symbols and/or as symbols of engagement, marriage, or love.
Claddagh rings are often used as friendship rings but are most commonly used as engagement/wedding rings. In Ireland, the United States, and other places, the Claddagh is handed down mother-to-daughter or grandmother-to-granddaughter. According to Irish author Colin Murphy, the way in which a Claddagh ring was worn with the intention of conveying the wearer's relationship status:
  1. On the right hand with the point of the heart toward the fingertips, the wearer is single and may be looking for love. (This is most commonly the case when a young woman has first received the ring from a relative, unless she is already engaged.)
  2. On the right hand with the point of the heart toward the wrist, the wearer is in a relationship. (This suggests that the wearer's heart has been "captured".)
  3. On the left hand with the point of the heart toward the fingertips, the wearer is engaged.
  4. On the left hand with the point of the heart toward the wrist, the wearer is married.




"Hands - symbolizes Friendship,Heart for Love,Crown  signifies Loyalty"

Yes, there's a Village called Claddagh...



The Irish word cladach means stony shore and this is how the area known as Claddagh got its name. Claddagh was once a fishing village on the western edge of Galway City, just across the river.Check out the "Galway Album" on this link:
http://www.galwaysalbum.com/Galway%20City/Scenery/10/  


 
There are many Celtic Symbols and meanings.Many are rooted in "The Book of Kells"...(BTW,that is one of the gifts my husband has for me...he thinks I don't know about it but I saw it on arrival from Amazon.com)....now I have to act SURPRISED! Love it. One of his gifts is the "Gift of Language"..he's planning a month's vacation in the future to Russia_so my gift includes a DVD/CD so that he may learn the Russian language. He is a Historical Re-enactor & has been participating in WWII  Field exercises_as a Russian.

Here's a GREAT link to learn about the Celtic Symbols and meanings!
http://www.celticcolours.com/celtic-symbols-and-meanings.aspx 


There's always a Book in my Life.....

My Sister-in-Law to be gave me this book 18 years ago at my Bridal Shower! I so love it....just found out it is a Collector's item first published by Cecily Joyce in Ireland in 1990.The myths,the history,the symbols are explained,Galway Silver,the Village,etc...all in this tiny book! Thank-you Debra.


So, on this "our" 18th Wedding Anniversary_ this Blessing holds
steadfast...
 


...And our  wedding bands hold true_



And to my Loyal Readers...."Let's Celebrate"
 




Much Love & Peace..The Sage Book Whisperer!




  





 






No comments: