Friday, January 13, 2012

"Movie Day!...Tribute to Audrey Hepburn"

Books & Movies & Music & Art...some of my favorite things! I've been having "Movie Days" with a girlfriend or two since the 90's.My favorite movies are the Classics,Drama(especially Period pieces,Real Life,Romantic,etc..).So,I kicked off my "Audrey Hepburn Tribute" for next week by having a Movie Day with a good friend. We watched _or rather I re-watched_the "Audrey Hepburn Story" & "Breakfast at Tiffany's".Then a documentary of Audrey Hepburn's Fashion & Style! Wow!

Just as important was the food...there's always food with movies.But, NOT your popcorn,hot dog,chips & candy type. So,my friend came with an abundance of Appetizer's:
Wild Salmon w/Dilled Asparagus,Indian-Spiced Feta Cheese and Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Herb Feta Cheese Spreads!Delicious!!!!!!!

Whole Wheat Berry crackers with turbinado sugar,Mexican vanilla..her own secret recipe! Created a partee in your mouth w/ the spreads...

I made a light lunch:
Tomato Basil/Rosemary Soup,Grilled Pepper Turkey/Jalapeno Pepper Cheese,Peperoncini,Watercress on Seeded Rye bread.We had Perrier Water & Wine ,of course_Luc Pirlet Reserve 2008 Pinot Noir & Luc Pirlet Cabernet-Sauvignon 2010.

Topped it off later on with Dark Belgian Chocolate Mini-Tea Cups filled w/Strawberry Coulis.And the "Piece de resistance":

Crepes filled w/blackberries with strawberry coulis,vanilla Greek yogurt and dark chocolate cocoa!

NOT YOUR EVERDAY MOVIE FOODS........can't wait to continue my Tribute to Audrey Hepburn next week! Bon Appetit.....

No comments: