Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Am I The Only One?




I am so sad ....every other month,every other day,every other hour,every other minute,every other second_"Evil" is "Perpetrated" on innocent people going about the business of enjoying their day,working,sightseeing,shopping,traveling,etc. All because of someones belief that somehow these people deserve to be victims of a crazed minded few. It is a wearisome concept that seems to be growing, eating into our existence,our being_deep within the crevices of our DNA_ to the very depths of our Spirit and Soul. Day in Day out one has come to expect ..where will it happen today, what are the headlines today,who will the next victims be,when will it STOP?,how long will we endure this insanity,WHY?...


And ,WHO is this walking around on the top of a building at the Boston Marathon 2013 above the bomb mayhem?

So tired of it all. I had to reach deep inside my psyche today to find solace.I am a child of the Era of Peace & Love, the 60s!

Although,there was much injustice in the world as it is now_there was a sentiment of Peace, Love, Flower Child( a Hippie who advocates love,beauty,& peace),Woodstock 1969_ "The Human Be-In"(1967) at Golden State Park in San Fransisco.This led to the Hippie Culture_"Summer Of Love" on the West Coast!!
            (Notice the pistol with a flower inserted in it)

~CAN WE HAVE ANOTHER SUMMER OF LOVE?

Have we become a culture of this?

I was reminded of the song that touched my heart then and now_"Imagine" sung by John Lennon. For those of you who maybe...just maybe never heard it_read the lyrics first_

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

(Note:"Imagine" is a song written and performed by the English musician John Lennon.The best-selling single of his solo career, its lyrics encourage the listener to imagine a world at peace, without the divisiveness and barriers of borders, religions and nationalities, and to consider the possibility that the focus of humanity should be living a life unattached to material possessions.)

Here's John Lennon_




               ~AM I THE ONLY ONE?~



 


No comments: